Crane is a container management solution that allows you to create multiple containers per application. Crane Lite is a test version of Crane that has less features and can only be used with one application at a time. For the full experience, purchase Crane.
Many applications don’t support multiple accounts. Crane provides remedy by adding the ability to switch between multiple containers (instances of the application data). Most, if not all, applications are supported. If you happen to find an application that does not work with Crane, please get in contact. Crane Lite can be used to make sure your applications are supported before buying the full version.
Your Data Stays in Place
Unlike similar tweaks and applications, Crane redirects the data accessed by an application to a different path. No data is moved around when switching between containers.
Crane allows you to set any container as the default container, which will be used when the device is not jailbroken or when Crane is not loaded.
Many applications store sensitive data in the keychain. Crane gives every container their own keychain access groups, meaning that the data they save is separated from the other containers, but still secured.
Crane provides an option to quickly switch between containers by utilizing the haptic touch menu. Depending on user configuration, the containers are either added to their own submenu or directly to the main haptic touch menu to switch with only a single tap.
Separate System Accounts
Crane features an optional setting to separate system accounts between containers. When this is turned on, you can, for example, sign into a different apple account per App Store container and use multiple App Store accounts on the same device.
iOS 11.0 - 14.7.1
- Not compatible with all system applications
- Some applications only show notifications for the active container, some still show notifications even though a container has already been removed, proper notification support is planned for version 1.2
- New option (app settings): "Separate System Accounts", makes it possible for each container to be signed into a different apple id, introduces AppStore support (iMessage NOT SUPPORTED)
- Container settings page has been reordered and reworked a bit
- Revert the fix for Crane sometimes not loading first on Substrate as it turned out to not work, instead a suggestion to install ChoicyLoader is now shown on the root page if the device is determined to be affected by the issue
- Revert some of 1.1.3-5's 'improvements' to the Taurine workaround as they would make some processes loose their connections to cfprefsd
- Add turkish localization, thanks to @frknvkilic on Twitter
- Improved russian localization, thanks to @Vitalik2187836 on Twitter
- Improved brazilian portugese localization, thanks to rdaraujo on GitHub
|Updated||September 3, 2021|
|iOS Version(s)||11.0 or later|