BackupAZ come back another time with a new version that include more features, better compatibility with newer OS versions, refreshed look and off course a stability at his best ;)
Why to use iTunes to backup your device when you have BackupAZ4 in your pocket ? This application can save all these data (at the moment):
- Installed Cydia / Sileo / Zebra / Installer Packages
- Deb of your installed tweaks! (New starting from the 2.0: support for paid packages! Go to the Options page to activate it)
- Cydia sources
- Sileo sources
- Zebra sources
- Installer preferences
- Tweaks and Apple Applications preferences
- Calendar events
- Call History
- Address book
- Health data
- iBooks library
- Messages and iMessages
- Photos and Videos
- Safari Bookmarks
- SpringBoard settings
- Voice memos
And restore them !
BackupAZ4 store backups in 2 possible locations:
- under /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/BackupAZ : your backups will be saved and restored with an iTunes safeguard
- under /var/mobile/Documents/BackupAZ : your backups will not be erased by a rootFS restore, allowing you to restore you packages after having, for example, changed your jailbreak by having restored your initial rootFS backup
There is a setting inside the app that allow you to change the storage mode used.
I also advise you to make a copy of your backups on your PC for an extra security. If you want to use them again afterwards, simply put them on the exact same location, this is important!
NOTE: Some apps require a reboot (Phone app for Voicemails and Call history, for example) after a data restoration for the new data to appear. For this, simply use the button in the alert after a restoration.
NOTE 2: Some tweaks can't be reinstalled from a backup due to the repo requiring the user to be authenticated. I'm however working on a new way for BackupAZ4 to download packages, which will allow you in the near future to save and restore paid packages from within the application!
If you have any issue, please email me with your favorite package manager contact form, I will try to reply to you as soon as possible! I'll handle all the support request through my personal website (link available in the Packix depiction).
All the graphics have been done by DaveWijk, make sure to give him a follow!
Follow me on Twitter (@SynnyG_R) for news, update, app giveaway ;). Enjoy !
- Added iOS 12 support as requested by some users. iOS 12 BackupAZ3 users will have the upgrade for free
- Added a new way for saving installed deb to support saving paid packages on some jailbreak : re-bundling packages from disk. See the Options page for more info. Note : this option can still be activated even if you don’t have any issue. This will allow the app for a quicker saving process and to save your bandwidth too
- Added support for external localizations (GitHub repo will be opened in the next week) : you’ll be able to bring your own language to BackupAZ 4 :)
- Added support code for uploading and sharing your tweak setup to a new cloud service based on my server (this service will be free of charge and will be absolutely anonymous). Feature coming in a futur update
- Added more information to the console window when saving deb
- Fixed crash at launch due to rootFS restore
- Fixed banner disappearing when going back to some view
- Fixed icon’s tint color in some configurations
|Updated||November 19, 2021|
|iOS Version(s)||12.0 or later|